There was an error in this gadget

Saturday, 19 October 2013

Call centre slaves





Whenever I make a telephone call to the bank, the insurance company, or the electricity company, I make a point of saying loud and clear, “Good morning, Kevin / Damir / Maggie / Rachel or whatever name the hapless employee at the other end of the phone gives me. I also thank them by name when I ring off, even though they probably work under an alias. I can’t imagine a more dreadful job than working in a call centre and reading answers from a script, so good manners cannot go amiss.
 


Easier said than done when I run in from the garden only to find someone trying to sell me double glazing, or pretending to do a survey.  There I have to grit my teeth and remember that the voice at the other end of the line is still a fellow human being trying to make a living. So I growl after I put the phone down on them, not before.


Images courtesy of Stuart Miles at www.freedigitalphotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment