There was an error in this gadget

Saturday, 5 April 2014

Invaded by Google+



In my innocence, I volunteered to create a blog for a community group. A short statement of our aims plus a few photos. Easy-peasy, you might think. Think again. Working from my laptop, it proved impossible to erase my own Google+ profile from the new community blog. Using an alternative email address did not prevent Google’s myriad, invasive tentacles identifying me. Somewhere, somehow, there must be an escape option, but non-technical dinosaurs are slow-witted, helpless prey and our privacy has gone forever. 
However, we dinosaurs still remember the old ways. I walked to the local library on my own two feet and created a Blogger account using their computer. Mission accomplished, with the bonus of fresh air and a couple of “wee blethers” along the way.  

Image courtesy of Victor Haddick at www.freedigitalphotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment