There was an error in this gadget

Monday, 3 November 2014

Thankful Author




Today, 3 November, fellow author Angela Hayes features me in her round-up of thankful authors. I have much to be thankful for and wrote a tribute to my Dad. Dad left school at 16 and consequently had an exaggerated respect for education, combined with wariness when dealing with educated people. His early encouragement of my yen to write took the form of saying, "You write some peculiar things. Why don't you send something to Radio 3?" BBC Radio 3, in those days, was the natural home of eggheads. I wish I had been brave enough to follow his advice, but in those days I too thought eggheads were superior beings, born different to us ordinary folk.

I never made it onto Radio 3, but have had short pieces on BBC local radio. I wish Dad had been alive to hear them.   

No comments:

Post a Comment