There was an error in this gadget

Thursday, 20 November 2014

Writing spoof fiction



The Bookmuse Readers' Journal contains an entertaining selection of spoof stories written in various genres. The ink flowed when I tried my hand at spoof fiction, and I bombarded the editors with my offerings. In the end they chose my cosy crime story, featuring a pet cat who claws items from the local newspaper to provide its owner with clues for solving the mystery.

I would recommend writing spoof fiction to anyone who has writer's block. Spoofs give a writer licence to experiment, treading a fine line between parody and homage. From dukes and highwaymen in a Regency romance, to lugubrious ruminations in the style of Anita Brookner, I forgot my inner censor and enjoyed myself.  .   

No comments:

Post a Comment